Phil 10.31.14

8:00 – 12:00 SR

  • Trying to get access to the test server restored.
  • DB backups

Dong Shin 10.30.2014

  • fixed PM Actuals not sorting properly in Query Builder
  • got SQLController/Service working
    • send up
      • {
        “sqlStr”:”select begin_year, end_year from projects limit 1″,
        “login”: “projportfolio”,
        “password”: “projportfolio”
    • received
      • {
        “status”: true,
        “statusString”: “”,
        “errorString”: “”,
        “data”: [
        "end_year": 2017,
        "begin_year": 2014
        “exception”: “”,
        “sqlStr”: “select begin_year, end_year from projects limit 1″

Phil 10.30.14

7:30 – 12:00, 2:30 – 5:30  SR

  • Looks like Angular is going to change substantially:
  • Some more Angular 2.0 stuff:
  • DB Backups
  • Security plan with Lenny? Good progress.
  • More documentation. Start Visibility3 today
    • Finished the Java section, working on de-mavening and getting all the old Flex to compile.

Phil 10.29.14

8:00 – 5:00 SR

  • DB backups
  • Deployed new FA plus scriptEngine.jar and javaUtils.jar. Ronda will bounce the server at 4:00.
  • So server paperwork today – postponed till tomorrow
  • Documented visibility scripting. It turned out to be MUCH BIGGER than the Funding Request assistant. So instead of drawing the relationships by hand I took the package views from Eclipse and Flashbuilder, edited them in Photoshop, and assembled the results in Illustrator. For the database, I used SchemaSpy, which is both clunky and cool. And here are the results. From the time it took for these, I’d say Visibility and FA/RA/RQ should be done in less than a week.



  • R ecovering a bit by looking at directives
  • Getting new Webstorm (9.0.1)

Dong Shin 10.29.2014

  • deployed new FA, scriptEngine.jar, and javaUtils.jar
  • working on FinancialAssistantService
    • added SQLRequest and SQLResponse
  • helped Phil on database documentation

Dong Shin 10.28.2014

  • fixed ExportToVizWindow not defaulting to the roles found
  • fixing ExportToViz not saving data correctly…
    • new scriptEngine.jar needed
    • modified javaUtils.jar
  • working on FinancialAssitantServer for JSON response

Phil 10.28.14

8:00-5:00 SR

  • DB backups
  • deploy
    • fix text that has special characters (i.e. ‘)
    • Add validator that requires a choice on the role. Or default to Manager.
  • Meeting with Lenny, Larry, Ronda, Chris and? On getting our server paperwork approved
  • Documentation
    • Funding Request Assistant Funding Request Assistant
    • Scripting Server – started, but had to de-mavenize before proceeding. Much more complicated than FRA, above.
    • Visibility
      • Data Visualizer
      • Admin
    • Reqonciler
    • Requisition Assistant
    • Financial Assistant

Dong Shin 10.27.2014

  • fixed Export To Viz by limiting columns to what’s on the datagrid. The number of columns was huge as it was using the new master table!
  • WebStorm 9.0 is out
  • helped Phil testing javaUtils
  • more AngularJS
    • working on Login/Session

Phil 10.27.14

8:00 – 3:00 SR

  • DB Backups
  • Documentation
    • Exporting all the diagrams  – done
  • Checked in JavaUtils after some weirdness. Dong is using it with no problems.
  • Worked on some simple Angular directives over the weekend
  • Started overall system diagrams. First had to download Illustrator. That took an *hour*.

Dong Shin 10.24.2014

  • deployed new FA/RA – fixed Sep not showing
  • configurable access to FA –
    • added allowedUserTyps to setUpModel.xml
  • trouble shooting Export to Viz
    • looks like the row size is too big
    • com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.